Taken from their "Difficult Shapes and Passive Rhythms, Some People Think It's Fun To Entertain" album, its fusion of new wave synth and world music percussion made for curious listening in a fairly bland pop landscape. I loved this tune and it still sounds great to these world weary ears today. And life is just a fever.....
Thursday, 10 May 2012
C is for China Crisis - African And White
The year is 1982, the new romantic era is gathering pace and I as a 15 year old have my feet firmly planted in rock. Not many bands managed to pierce that unerring musical love of mine at that time, but surprisingly this, the debut offering from Kirkby's own China Crisis was one.
Taken from their "Difficult Shapes and Passive Rhythms, Some People Think It's Fun To Entertain" album, its fusion of new wave synth and world music percussion made for curious listening in a fairly bland pop landscape. I loved this tune and it still sounds great to these world weary ears today. And life is just a fever.....
Taken from their "Difficult Shapes and Passive Rhythms, Some People Think It's Fun To Entertain" album, its fusion of new wave synth and world music percussion made for curious listening in a fairly bland pop landscape. I loved this tune and it still sounds great to these world weary ears today. And life is just a fever.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment